Tuesday 28 February 2012

Resolutions

Hi!

Sorry I haven't checked in for a while. It's been a case of so much to say, that I'm not sure where to start. Plus I don't want to scare you with too many posts in one day. Anyhow....I'll just forget all about that and put it all down.


I didn’t set any New Years resolutions this year. Instead, I’ve opted to set mini goals for each month to give me time to make them into habits. They aren’t pre-organised, they come to me within the month, to combat different problems. February’s took me a while to decide upon but in the end I settled upon J and I doing household tasks together for half an hour every night, to try and combat the housecleaning in bite sized chunks. We were both tired of the way that the house never seemed tidy enough for people to randomly drop in with all the things going on in it. This way at least the mess doesn’t all get left to the weekend when we have a spend a large amount of time cleaning. And oddly enough, there’s a bit of comradery in it, as we chat while we’re cleaning if we’re in the same room, and even if we’re not we still know the other person is cleaning.

January’s was to take a walk together everyday, to make that a habit. It worked while we were on holidays, and when I went back to work, but didn’t really work when J went back to work. It’s strange though, because we both enjoy walking along the beach, talking about our day, watching our dog, Charlie walking along with the biggest grin as she surveys the other dogs before deciding they’re too big or too small and trotting back to us. It’s the perfect way to get fit, have us time and unwind particularly in summer.

A more general direction that I’m working towards this year or a theme if you will, is to stop dreaming about the way that I want my life to be - and make it happen. For me this means instead of having life envy, creating the life I want to live, by prioritising the things that are important to me. At the moment, this means organising the house, even small seemingly unimportant kind of places. I feel more organised when my house is organised, even though this would probably be a surprise to those who know me. I have a lot of things that I’m interested in and a lot of things that I want to do, which results in lots of things. This creates a moderate amount of chaos in my house. Added to that the boxes of things that I have carried from one house move to house move and have never had time to sort through and sift through and you begin to get the picture.

So there it is, my general plan for this year, with my resolution broken down into bite sized pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment